What Haven’t You Cleaned In The Bathroom?
Cleaning the bath exhaust fan is something most of us don’t even think about. Removing built up dust and dirt from the exhaust fan will allow the unit to work more efficiently by improving the air flow through the bathroom, while eliminating moisture and odors. You bathroom may even smell better!
- Turn off all power to the bathroom at your electrical panel.
- Remove the exhaust fan cover and light bulb if it has one.
- Wash the vent cover with dish soap and water, dry and set aside to re-install.
- Vacuum the exhaust fan housing and blades. This may be a little tricky, so get help.
- Use a mild kitchen cleaner in a spray bottle. Do not spray cleaner directly into the fan, spray the cleaner onto a cloth and wipe the blades to remove and dust, dirt and debris from the fan blades. Clean both sides of the fan blades.
If your fan has a light, this is a good time to change the bulb.
Replace the clean vent cover and don’t forget to turn the power back on to the bathroom.