Sweating Under the Floor Joists of your Crawlspace
There’s been sweating under the floor joists in my crawlspace. How do I prevent this?
- Insulate your floor to reduce the chance of condensation.
- Improve evaporation by increasing the number of foundation vents.
- Lay plastic down on the floor of your crawl space in hopes of trapping the moisture at ground level.
- Modify watering at the perimeter of you home in hopes of keeping it dry down there.
- Prune back shrubs and hedges so that sunlight can get to the perimeter of the crawl space.